Reheating instructions for Frozen Tamales
1. Put the tamales in a slightly open microwavable plastic bag or container.
2. Add a teaspoon or two of water per tamale to prevent drying during cooking.
3. Heat on high power for two minutes per tamale, making sure to rotate tamales a couple of times during cooking or use a microwave with an automatic turntable.
Stovetop (recommended method)
1. Remove tamales from packaging and place in a steamer pot (vegetable steamer ok).
2. For 4-8 frozen tamales steam covered for 20-25 minutes once water has come to a boil. Additional time may be necessary depending on how many tamales are in the pot and at high altitudes.
3. Do not let tamales contact the boiling water.